Lingchei Letty Chen
Associate Professor of Modern Chinese Language and Literature
Head of the Chinese Section
Ph.D., Columbia University
225 Busch Hall
Campus Box 1111
One Brookings Drive
St. Louis, MO 63130-4899
Identity politics, memory and postmemory studies, mimesis, travel theory, narratology, postcolonialism, postmodernism.
- L81 208 Freshman Seminar: The Chinese America Experience
- L04 330 Topics in Chinese Literature and Culture: Chinese Fin-de-Siecle in Film and Literature
- L04 342 Literature of Modern and Contemporary China
- L16 375 Topics in Comparative Literature I: The Trope of 'China' in the Imagination of the Chinese Diaspora
- L04 479 Reading Seminar in Modern Chinese Literature: Envisioning a New China: The May Fourth Era (1919-1949)
- L04 479 Reading Seminar in Modern Chinese Literature: After the May Fourth Era (1950-Present)
- L04 489 Topics in Modern Chinese Literature: History, Memory, and Identity
- L04 4891 Topics in Chinese Literature and Culture: The Chinese City in the Global Context
- L04 560 Seminar in the Literature of China: Violence, Feminity & Fictional Writing in 20th Century China
- Writing Chinese: Reshaping Chinese Cultural Identity. New York: Palgrave Macmillan Publishing, 2006.
- WU Newsroom: "Professor of Chinese Literature Reshapes Cultural Identities, Creates Opportunities"
- Hold That Thought podcast: Memories of Chinese New Year