The new minor requirements are effective for students matriculating fall 2016 and later. Current students may elect to follow the new requirements with the permission of the Department.
THE MINOR IN CHINESE LANGUAGE & CULTURE requires 18 units.
These 18 units must include:
- Two semesters of Chinese language
- Chinese 227C (Chinese Civilization)
- Chinese 341 (Early and Imperial Chinese Literature)
- Chinese 342 (Modern and Contemporary Chinese Literature)
- At least 9 units must be 300-level or above
- Students must earn at least a B- or above in language courses in order to continue to the next level. They must also maintain at least a B- average in all courses taken to fulfill the minor requirements. Students who do not meet this requirement may either repeat the course/s in question or earn at least a B- in an approved equivalent course or courses (either during the summer or in a study abroad program).
- Courses for the minor may not be taken Credit/No Credit.
- No more than 3 units of transfer or study abroad non-language courses may be applied to the minor. Core courses (227C, 341, 342) should be taken in residence.
- Students can declare a minor through WebStac.