THE MINOR IN KOREAN LANGUAGE & CULTURE requires 18 units, no more than 12 of which may be in language. Minimum requirements include:
- At least two years of Korean language.
- At least 9 units must be 300-level or above.
- At least two two literature / culture courses such as Korean 223 (Korean Civilization) and Korean 352 (Literature of Modern and Contemporary Korea).
- Students must earn at least a B- in their language courses in order to continue to the next level. They must also maintain at least a B- in all courses taken to fulfill the minor requirements. Students who do not meet this requirement may either repeat the course/s in question or successfully complete an approved equivalent course or courses (either during the summer or in a study abroad program).
- Students who place out of our language courses, in consultation with one's advisor, must enroll in Contemporary Korean 1 & 2 and/or additional Korea-related content courses that are home-based in the EALC department to meet the required total units for the minor.
- L51 437 and 438 can fulfill either the language requirement or an upper-level elective requirement.
- Courses for the minor may not be taken Credit/No Credit.
- No more than 3 units of transfer or study abroad non-language courses may be applied to the minor.
- Students can declare a minor through WebStac.