The new minor requirements are effective for students matriculating fall 2016 and later. Current students may elect to follow the new requirements with the permission of the Department.
THE MINOR IN KOREAN LANGUAGE & CULTURE requires 18 units.
These 18 units must include:
- Two semesters of Korean language
- Korean 223C (Korean Civilization)
- Korean 352 (Literature of Modern and Contemporary Korea)
- Korean 355 (Topics in Korean Literature and Culture)
- At least 9 units must be 300-level or above
- Students must earn at least a B- in their language courses in order to continue to the next level. They must also maintain at least a B- in all courses taken to fulfill the minor requirements. Students who do not meet this requirement may either repeat the course/s in question or successfully complete an approved equivalent course or courses (either during the summer or in a study abroad program).
- L51 437 and 438 can fulfill either the language requirement or an upper-level elective requirement.
- Courses for the minor may not be taken Credit/No Credit.
- No more than 3 units of transfer or study abroad non-language courses may be applied to the minor. Core courses (223C, 352, 355) should be taken in residence.
- Students can declare a minor through WebStac.